Our real estate practice is diverse, ranging from transactions involving the construction, acquisition and sale of large commercial properties (including office buildings, hotels and shopping centers) to those involving smaller businesses and residential real estate. One of our lawyers (Peter S. Title) is a frequent lecturer, and the author of a widely used and recognized multi-volume treatise on Louisiana real estate transaction (with forms), named Louisiana Real Estate Transactions.
. The following are just some of the things our real estate lawyers do:
- Handling purchase, sale, lease, and sale-leaseback transactions.
- Handling real estate developments.
- Preparing commercial and residential mortgages.
- Negotiating and documenting interim and permanent financing.
- Performing title examinations, providing title opinions and issuing title insurance policies.
- Handling commercial and residential loan closings.
- Advising about zoning, construction, environmental and land use requirements.
Our real estate clients include financial institutions, insurance companies, corporations, shopping center developers and lessees, local universities, title insurance companies, landowners and developers. Here are just some of the things we have helped our real estate clients do:
- Develop and finance of one of the largest residential subdivisions in the New Orleans area.
- Form condominiums and luxury apartments.
- Sell central business district property to a large national hotel chain.
- Lease property to a national cinema operator for the construction and operation of a nine-theater cinema.
- Transfer more than 18,000 acres to the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service to help create Bayou Sauvage National Wildlife Refuge, one of the largest urban wildlife refuges in the nation.
- Purchase and sell various shopping centers, office buildings, hotels and mixed-use developments.
- Negotiate and enter into commercial leases for shopping centers, office buildings and mixed-use developments.
- Obtain zoning and other land-use changes and approvals to facilitate land development projects.
Practice Area Leader
► D.C. To Prohibit Debt Collection Through Early August
April 8, 2020