The Bankruptcy Law Section is led by Bryan Shartle (metro-New Orleans) and Morgan Marcus (Chicago).
Using our 10 offices, we combine a national presence with a “boutique feel” to provide a value-added and cost-efficient approach for strategically handling claims arising from or related to any bankruptcy issue affecting creditor rights that occur in bankruptcy, state, and federal courts, as well as in arbitration.
The Bankruptcy Law Section has broad experience handling claims and advising clients on complex issues that involve bankruptcy filings and liquidation or reorganization proceedings.
We regularly represent clients nationwide, including financial institutions, creditors, loan servicers, debt buyers, and debt collectors.
What We Provide:
We have successfully litigated various bankruptcy issues for clients, in either defending claims or in bringing cases to protect assets, including:
- The standing of trustees and creditors to bring lawsuits
- Claims for fraudulent transfers
- Preferential transfers
- Turnover actions
- Bankruptcy court jurisdiction
- Valuation disputes
- Claims litigation
- Dischargeability actions
- Lien avoidance
- Violations of the automatic stay and discharge orders
- Protecting creditor rights from the improper discharge of student debt
- Other proceedings in consumer and corporate bankruptcies, such as asset purchases and protection of liens and judgments
Should you receive a pre-suit demand or need assistance with the prosecution or defense of a bankruptcy matter related to creditor rights, we are here to help strategically and efficiently guide you through the complex issues.
Practice Area Leaders
- ► Michael D. Alltmont, Metairie
- ► Harold A. Aucoin, Metairie
- ► Andrew Cunningham, Chicago
- ► Aaron R. Easley, Flemington
- ► Justin H. Homes , Metairie
- ► Brian D. Roth, Metairie
- ► Kirsten H. Smith, Metairie
- ► Bradley St. Angelo, Metairie
► 5th Circuit Federal Appeals Court STOPS OSHA’s ETS—Now What?
November 9, 2021