Tuan Van Uong
Tuan is an experienced trial lawyer who has litigated hundreds of cases in state and federal courts, including class actions and appeals, as well as arbitration proceedings. Tuan is involved in all phases of litigation (e.g., pre-litigation strategy and investigation, pleadings, discovery, dispositive motions, mediation, trial and appeals). His clients include debt collectors, debt buyers, financial institutions (e.g., telecommunication companies, national banks, loan servicers, and automotive lenders), major retailers, entertainment studios and television production companies, non-profit organizations, private educational institutions, and high-net individuals.
Prior to joining the Firm, Tuan spent a decade at an international law firm representing debt collectors, debt buyers and financial institutions.
- Defended one of the largest telecommunication companies in the nation and its affiliates in various consumer litigation matters involving state and federal claims relating to alleged inaccurate credit reporting.
- Defended a major credit card company in over 200 individual arbitration matters across the nation relating to various state and federal consumer protection claims, including the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, the Fair Credit Reporting Act and various state fair debt collection practices statutes. Through a rigorous defense strategy, some matters were dismissed at the dispositive motion stage, while other matters were resolved for a nominal settlement.
- Defended local and international banks and their loan servicers in mortgage related claims, including loan origination and loan modification challenges.
- Defended major financial institutions against debt financing and collections claims relating to various consumer tort and statutory claims in state and federal court.
- Defended automotive lending companies and car dealerships in various consumer tort and statutory claims in state and federal court.
- Defended a national bank and prevailed on summary judgment against plaintiffs’ claims for violation of Section 1983 of the Civil Rights Act in connection with plaintiffs’ participation in the Occupy Fights Foreclosure movement and protest against national bank’s foreclosure and eviction activities.
- Defended a television production company in action against former producer for breach of contract over a failed docu-series television show.
- Represented various financial institutions and private entities in obtaining permanent restraining orders against former and hostile employees, students, or customers in state court.
Represented a high-net individual in recovering his then missing daughter, and thereafter, obtained restraining orders and a seven-figure settlement on the first day of trial against the culprit.
- Represented production company against agent-distributor regarding monies owed in connection with a music documentary.
- Represented a survivor of the Cambodian genocide in a pro bono case at trial against removal.
Los Angeles Office
2207 Edendale Lane
Los Angeles, CA 90026
Direct: (619) 758-1894
Office: (619) 758-1894
Fax: (877) 334-0661