Whitney L. White
Whitney L. White is a member of the firm’s consumer defense and employment practice groups. Whitney’s practice primarily focuses on defending both single-plaintiff and class action lawsuits and arbitrations brought under federal and state consumer protection and commercial statues, including the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, the Fair Credit Reporting Act and the Telephone Consumer Protection Act. Whitney represents consumer finance companies in non-public investigations initiated by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, Federal Trade Commission, and state attorneys general.
Whitney’s practice also focuses on representing employers in all aspects of labor and employment litigation and advising clients on developing policies and procedures to comply with federal and state employment laws.
Whitney is admitted to practice in Texas state and federal courts, as well as many district courts and bankruptcy courts around the country. Whitney has successfully defended numerous banks, financial institutions and debt collectors in lawsuits brought by consumers. In addition to serving as litigation counsel, Whitney has successfully defended her clients in non-public regulatory investigations brought by federal and state agencies, and also advises clients on developing policies and procedures to comply with federal and state consumer finance laws.
- Pickelsimer, on behalf of himself and all others similarly situated v. Syndicated Office Systems, LLC d/b/a Central Financial Control, Case No. 18-cv-00363, U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia
- Philips v. Central Financial Control, Case No. 17-cv-02011, U.S. District Court, Northern District of Alabama
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Dallas Women Lawyers Association
Honors and Distinctions
- 2019 Super Lawyers, Rising Star – Consumer Law
- 2020 Super Lawyers, Rising Star – Consumer Law
900 Jackson Street, Suite 440
Dallas, Texas 75202
Direct: (214) 741-3017
Cell: (469) 525-5351
Office: (214) 741-3001