Michael joined the Firm’s Employment Law Group in 2022, following a judicial clerkship at the 24th Judicial District Court of Louisiana in Jefferson Parish. While studying at LSU’s Paul M. Hebert Law Center, he was selected to compete at the Tulane Moot Court Competition. Michael’s employment practice is broad and varied. He assists employers throughout the country in defending a myriad of claims relating to wage and hour disputes, discrimination, and other employment-based disputes. Michael regularly advises employers on compliance issues and has written various Firm articles on new and forthcoming rules and laws affecting employment.
- Austill v. Bay Haven Charter Academy, Inc., Case No. 5:22-cv-116-AW-MJF (N.D. Fla. May 18, 2023). Successfully argued motion for summary judgment, having demonstrated former employee failed to establish a prima facie case of discrimination, and Bay Haven established a legitimate, nonretaliatory reason for terminating plaintiff.
Honors and Distinctions
- Junior Associate, LSU Journal of Energy Law and Resources, Volume X - Awarded "Best Comment" for Volume X (2021-2022)
- Competitor, 2022 Tulane Mardi Gras Invitational Sports Law Moot Court Competition (Spring 2022)
- Dean’s Scholar, Fall 2021
- CALI Award, Law and Society Seminar, Spring 2021 [awards.cali.org/320c4180]
3838 N. Causeway Boulevard
Metairie, Louisiana 70002
Direct: (504) 846-7942
Office: (504) 828-3700
Fax: (504) 828-3737