The Appellate Practice Section is led by Bryan Shartle (metro-New Orleans), James Schultz (San Diego), and David Clouston (Dallas).
Many clients seek our appellate court expertise. We understand that appellate courts function differently from trial courts and that success at the appellate level requires knowledge and skill different from that needed in trial courts.
Our lawyers have the skills needed to win at the appellate level.
We have handled successful appeals in a tremendous variety of cases in nearly every federal circuit court of appeal and the U.S. Supreme Court. Often our efforts have resulted in precedent-setting decisions.
A number of our lawyers are former law clerks for appellate judges, including state supreme court justices, as well as professors in law schools teaching appellate advocacy. This experience gives us an edge in understanding how appellate judges think and decide cases.
Practice Area Leaders
- ► Michael D. Alltmont, Metairie
- ► Andrew Cunningham, Chicago
- ► Aaron R. Easley, Flemington
- ► Louis L. Galvis , Montrose
- ► Justin H. Homes , Metairie
- ► Morgan I. Marcus, Chicago
- ► Kenneth Ohashi, San Diego
- ► Charles Penot, Dallas
- ► Brian D. Roth, Metairie
- ► Michael P. Schuette, Tampa
- ► Spencer M. Schulz, Metairie
- ► Brittany Shaw, San Diego
- ► Kirsten H. Smith, Metairie
- ► Bradley St. Angelo, Metairie
- ► Dayle M. Van Hoose, Tampa
- ► Whitney L. White, Dallas
- ► Ashley Wydro, Tampa