Leslye E. Moseley
Ms. Moseley specializes in representing employers in non-compete agreement disputes as well as related protection of confidential information and trade secrets. She regularly represents clients in disputes involving a variety of employment laws in state and federal court and in front of the Texas Workforce Commission and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. She also counsels employers and executives in the development of employee handbooks and policies and compliance with state and federal employment laws and regulations.
Ms. Moseley’s practice also includes securities litigation and enforcement where she has represented a wide range of companies and individuals in state court as well as the SEC, state securities boards, FINRA, and state and federal courts.
Ms. Moseley counsels start-up businesses with general business law matters and acting as “outside” general counsel for such businesses.
- Joshi v. Southlake Automotive, LLC, No. 07-19-00222-CV, ___ WL ______ (Tex. App.--Amarillo October 14, 2020). Won appeal on affirmative claims for breach of contract and successfully defended cross-appeal on counter breach of contract, DTPA and fraud claims.
- Bedford v. Spassoff, et. al., 520 S.W.3d 901 (Tex. June 9, 2017). Won reversal of trial court’s denial of parents’ motion to dismiss under the Texas Citizens Participation Act.
- Hagan v. Pennington, Cause No. 05-18-00010-CV, 2019 WL 2521719 (Tex. App.--Dallas June 19, 2019, no pet.). Won appeal upholding breach of contract claims by attorney for unpaid legal fees and successfully defended against legal malpractice appeal.
- Dickens v. Jason C. Webster, P.C., 05-17-00423-CV, 2018 WL 6839568 (Tex. App.--Dallas December 31, 2018, no pet.). Won appeal reversing trial court's ruling that the Texas Anti-Slapp Act precluded attorney's claim for tortious interference with contract.
- Ennis, Inc. v. Dunbrooke Apparel Corp., et. al., 427 S.W.3d 527 (Tex. App.--Dallas March 21, 2014, no pet.). Won appeal on behalf of the employer on conflict of law issue under an employment contract.
- Lara v. AAA-Texas/Automobile Club of Southern California. Won discrimination arbitration on behalf of employer.
- Thompson v. JBT Partners, LP., et. al., Successfully settled Texas Securities Act and employment case after two days of jury trial.
- Joshi v. Southlake Automotive, LLC. Successfully defended against breach of contract, DTPA and fraud claims in three day bench trial.
- Dickens v. Linda Quinn. Successfully settled quantum meruit and breach of contract claim after two days of a bench trial.
- Dallas Bar Association, Employment and Securities Sections
- Texas Bar Association, Employment and Securities Sections
- SMU Dedman School of Law Mock Trial Coach
- Patrick E. Higginbotham American Inn of Court, 2006 Associate Member
Honors and Distinctions
- D Magazine’s "Best Lawyers in Dallas” Labor and Employment Law - 2016, 2017, 2020
- Texas Super Lawyers, Rising Star - 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Texas Super Lawyer, Rising Star "Up and Coming 100" - 2017
- Texas Super Lawyer Rising Star "Up and Coming 50 Women" - 2017
900 Jackson Street
Dallas, Texas 75202
Direct: (214) 741-3024
Cell: (979) 492-4288
Office: (214) 741-3001
Fax: (214) 741-3098