David R. Clouston
David Clouston has been practicing securities, commercial and employment litigation in Dallas, Texas since 1993. With a reputation for unparalleled advocacy in state and federal court, as well as in various arbitration forums, he works closely with brokerage firms, oil, gas and chemical companies, manufacturers and distributors, real estate brokers and agents, and wholesale/retail businesses in a variety of matters, including litigation avoidance, customer disputes and claims, employment and corporate governance issues, products liability claims, and industry disputes.
- David represents clients in cases in federal and state courts, and arbitration forums all across the United States and Texas. He also regularly practices before the Texas State Securities Board, FINRA, the NYSE, NASDAQ and the SEC, as well as in regulatory and enforcement proceedings before other state and federal agencies.
Publications and Lectures
- David has co-authored articles on securities, employment and corporate governance issues published in The National Law Journal, Baylor Law Review, Executive Legal Advisor and In-House Texas. For many years he was the monthly securities podcaster for Texas Lawyer. He has been a guest presenter for several bar associations, and groups, as well as universities and law schools.
- Former Adjunct Professor, SMU Dedman School of Law Trial Advocacy Program
- Former SMU Dedman School of Law Mock Trial Coach
- Texas Bar Association, Employment and Securities Sections
- Dallas Bar Association, Employment and Securities Sections
- North Dakota State University Foundation - Trustee
Honors and Distinctions
- Super Lawyers- 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022
- Best Lawyers in America- 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023
- D Magazine “Best Lawyers” 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022
- America’s Top 100 High Stakes Litigators
- Top 100 Lawyers, Business Leaders, & Professionals
- Lawyers of Distinction
900 Jackson Street
Dallas, Texas 75202
Direct: (214) 741-3005
Cell: (214) 794-3920
Office: (214) 741-3001
Fax: (214) 741-3098