Michael P. Schuette
Michael P. Schuette practices in the Firm’s Consumer Defense, Commercial Litigation and Employment Law practice groups. Michael handles single-plaintiff and class action cases in federal district courts, federal bankruptcy courts, state courts, and arbitration. He handles a wide variety of cases under various federal and state laws, including the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, the Fair Credit Reporting Act and the Telephone Consumer Protection Act.
Prior to joining the Firm, Michael represented clients in state and federal court in complex employment law litigation under the Fair Labor Standards Act, Family and Medical Leave Act, and related state laws. Michael also investigated and counseled clients regarding minimum wage and overtime laws, employee misclassification issues, medical leave laws, retaliation, and wrongful discharge.
- Graulau v. Credt One Bank N.A., No. 6:19-cv-1723 (M.D. Fla. Feb. 5, 2020): Successfully compelled plaintiff to arbitrate her claims
- Robart v. Credit One Bank, N.A., JAMS Arbitration (July 12, 2019): Excluded claimant’s TCPA expert from testifying at trial
- Robart v. Credit One Bank, N.A., JAMS Arbitration (May 30, 2019): Obtained partial summary judgment on TCPA and FCCPA claims
- Cencarik v. Navient Sols., Inc., CV 15-14149-RWZ, 2018 WL 5830842 (D. Mass. Nov. 7, 2018): Prevented plaintiff from filing untimely amended complaint, defeated motion to compel discovery requests, and obtained protective order from excessive discovery
- Smith v. Commonwealth Financial Systems, Inc. et. al., 16-2017-CC-09168 (Duval County, Florida Apr. 26, 2018): Prevailed on motion to dismiss plaintiff’s time barred complaint
- Mesa v. Am. Express Educ. Assurance Co., 16-CV-24447, 2017 WL 2212147 (S.D. Fla. May 18, 2017): Received dismissal of plaintiff’s FDCPA, FCCPA, and TCPA claims
- Ellin v. Credit One Bank, N.A., American Arbitration Association (Sept. 22, 2016): Obtained final award in favor of client on TCPA claim
- Lara v. Afni, Inc., 15-81548, 2016 WL 6998722 (S.D. Fla. Feb. 16, 2016): Received dismissal of plaintiff’s complaint
- Bill v. NCO Fin. Sys., Inc., 815CV00051JDWJSS, 2015 WL 5715402 (M.D. Fla. Sept. 28, 2015): Successfully prevented plaintiff from inspecting client’s telephony system
- McKernan v. Diversified Consultants, Inc., 614CV2126ORL22KRS, 2015 WL 12426148 (M.D. Fla. July 2, 2015): Prevailed on motion to dismisses plaintiff’s FCCPA and FCRA claims
3350 Buschwood Park Dr.
Tampa, Florida 33618
Direct: (813) 890-2472
Cell: (727) 251-6029
Office: (813) 890-2460
Fax: (877) 334-0661