Louis L. Galvis
Salty Galvis is the managing attorney of the firm's Colorado office. Salty's practice primarily focuses on defending both single-plaintiff and class action lawsuits and arbitrations brought under federal and state consumer protection and commercial statutes, including the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, the Fair Credit Reporting Act and the Telephone Consumer Protection Act.
- LaRonda Phox v. NCO Financial Systems, Inc., USDC WD MO No. 4:14-cv-00073-DGK and 8th Cir. Ct. App. No. No. 15-1002 (Obtained summary judgment in favor of defendant relating to claims under the FDCPA and FCRA.
- Leon v. State of Colorado, et al., Denver County Dist. Ct. No. 2014cv30568 and CO Ct. App. No. 2014CA1669 (Successfully defended with a motion to dismiss in the District Court of Denver County, Colorado and in the Colorado Court of Appeals a wrongful death, negligence and breach of contract case). Successfully defended in jury trials and appeals in Louisiana and Texas multiple catastrophic personal injury and death cases arising in the context of electric-utility facilities during ten years as Assistant General.
- Successfully defended in jury trials and appeals in Louisiana and Texas multiple catastrophic personal injury and death cases arising from occurrences on and with electric-utility facilities during ten-year stint as Assistant General Counsel - Litigation for Entergy Services, Inc., the professional services subsidiary of Entergy Corporation (at the time one of the largest fossil-fuel and nuclear energy companies in the United States). Fortner, et al. v. Erhard Fitzsimmons, PC, Attorney, et al., El Paso County Dist. Ct. No. 2014CV000488 and CO Ct. App. No. 2015CA1892 (Successfully defended with a motion for summary judgment a professional (legal) malpractice, breach of contract and negligence case). Collins v. Diversified Consultants, Inc., et al., USDC D CO No. 15-cv-02115-RBJ-NYW and U.S. 10th Cir. Ct. App. No. 17-1446 (Successfully defended in a jury trial an FDCPA and FCRA case).
Publications and Lectures
- Authored Chapter 32, "Maritime Products Liability" in the treatise, Products Liability by Frumer & Friedman.
- Lectured extensively at continuing legal education seminars regarding numbers aspects of civil litigation, and appeared on radio and television programs discussing legal topics of interest to the public.
- ACA International
65010 Solar Road
Montrose, Colorado 81403
Direct: (970) 223-4420
Cell: (970) 218-9086
Office: (970) 218-9086
Fax: (877) 334-0661